1/29/2015

FOTD - Daily Red



Ha! Sorry for surprising you with my face but here are some things that I use when I want to look put together but have only 5 minutes left.


My fuss-free makeup contents either winged liner or a pop of red on my lips. No, not that in-your-face red, something softer that can give you an illusion of a luscious lips instantly!



I always start with my brows. I used NYX Eyebrow Pencil 931 Black Brown and lined my brows to give an arch as my natural brows are straight. I didn't really fill them in as you can see there because my brows are quite full, I would say. After that, I used Maybelline Great Lash Clear Mascara to set my brows in place.

Proceed to the eyelash problem (which I'm really lacking of!) I used my holy grail mascara (review here) which is L'oreal Double Extension Curls. I used the primer to lengthen my lashes and coated it with CoverGirl Clump Crusher Mascara. Before that, I curled my lashes with ELF Eyelash Curler. Not recommended though :|

For face I used my trusty The Body Shop Tea Tree Flawless BB Cream. I love this stuff! I just wish there were many shades available though. I contoured my face with Maybelline Color Tattoo in Tough As Taupe. I know not many people agree with what I did there, but by just dotting it bit by bit and blending it nicely it gives a realistic shadows. I topped it off with NYX Stay Matte But Not Flat Powder Foundation for extra coverage (but the BB cream has a really nice coverage already!) and The Balm's Bahama Mama for my contour so that it doesn't look too purple-ish.

And here's the fun part, lipstick! I used Revlon Colorburst Lacquer Balm in Provocateur. I used to think this red is too cool-toned for me and this was my first red lipstick. After using different shades of red lipstick, I find that I always go back to this one for my daily red lips but not in-your-face-kinda red. I used it lightly though, so the colour payoff is way more than what you see on my lips!


So what's your daily makeup look like? Do you prefer bolder eyes or lips?




p.s: my actual brows and the pencil don't look blended here but trust me it's the same colour IRL :(





2 comments:

  1. pretty, the lip color looks great on you!


    xx danielle // shadesofdanielle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete