12/19/2014

Fashion Is For Everyone


People who say big size girls shouldn't do fashion can just screw themselves off.

Growing up, I always feel conscious about my body. My father's family has this big size body in their DNA, and I have it instead of my brother. 

I knew how it feels to see those fashionable pictures and wish that when I sleep, my body can instantly be slimmer so that I can wear those dresses and skirt. The truth is, we need to work on that. Nothing is as instant as that.

Feeling ashamed sometimes can be a motivation, for example to do more exercise and lost some weight, but it's not a reason for you to hate yourself. In the end, you will only have yourself. How can you love another person when you can't even love yourself? Hating on your body will not solve the problem. Everything is going to be okay when you stop thinking that your body is the problem.

If you have a broken light bulb in your house, you will fix the light bulb, not move to another house, am I right?

I'm not saying that my taste of fashion is compatible to those fashion bloggers/Youtubers. I do follow some trends, but basically I just wear things that enhance my features because let's be honest, not all trend is good for us. Some trends are just silly and weird. I personally love those effortless chic style (just because I am so lazy to pick what to wear in the morning or even the night before) because it's timeless and makes you look like you spent many hours just to get ready.

Ladies, there are lots of plus size fashion available now. Some brands like Asos and Forever 21 have their own plus size line. Dorothy Perkins also has big sizing for their regular clothes. If you're Indonesian, you can check X to X, The Fat Doctor, and MySize. These stores offer stylish clothing for us big girls.

If you are searching for plus size bloggers, you're in luck. I follow TaneshaKellieNicolette, Chastity, and Nadia. Their blogs will make you even more confident to experiment with your style and fashion!


Top: H&M // Jeans: MySize // Jacket: Gift // Shoes: Dr.Martens // Bag: Louis Vuitton // Watch: Casio


Let us embrace our own body, because every girl is beautiful :)

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful and inspirational words. I couldn't agree more with yourselve. And as you said, we should learn to love our body and enhace our own features the way we like and the way it best fits our body. Beautiful outfits btw.


    xx, herplaceattheuniverse.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks! glad someone is agree with me too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen, sistah! I am a huge fan of "effortless chic" and I think that these pictures in the post are perfect! You're so right, trends aren't always great! I'm in a weird bracket of my size; half of the time I can fit into "normal" (not a good word but you know) sizes and the other half is spent looking for plus size. I wish I had as much body confidence as you. Thank you for sharing some bloggers, too.


    Much Love,
    -Stephanie Eva
    www.stephanieheva.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete